The Everything Guide To Careers In Health Care
by Kathy Quan
With The Everything Guide to Careers in Health Care, you can explore all the employment possibilities in health care, and choose the right career path just for you. From nursing and psychology to pharmacy technology and art therapy-and dozens more positions in between-this engaging, enlightening volume helps you decide which career to pursue and how to pursue it, including:
- Self-assessment and evaluation
- Working conditions and lifestyle concerns
- Educational requirements
- Available grants and incentives
- And much, much more!
The Everything Guide to Careers in Health Care is all you need to take advantage of the many opportunities the booming health care industry has to offer-for years to come!
101 Careers in Healthcare Management
by Anthony R. Kovner, PhD
“[A] digestible yet comprehensive resource describing the many career opportunities in healthcare management…[and] a valuable resource for current undergraduate and graduate students as well as career changers interested in pursing a job in the healthcare management field.”–Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries
Careers in health administration continue to grow despite an overall downturn in the economy. This is a field that offers tremendous job opportunities across the spectrum of healthcare delivery and payment organizations. 101 Careers in Healthcare Management is the only comprehensive guide to careers in health administration, ranging from entry-level management positions to the most senior executive opportunities. The guide clearly explains the responsibilities and duties of each of these careers and how they differ from other management jobs. It describes the integral role of healthcare administrators in creating and sustaining the systems that allow healthcare clinicians to do their best work.
The book covers educational requirements, opportunities, traditional and nontraditional career pathways, and helps students assess whether they are temperamentally and intellectually suited to a career in healthcare management.Based on the most current data from the U.S. Department of Labor and professional societies in healthcare management, the guide describes careers in 14 different healthcare and related settings. These include long-term care, physician practices, commercial insurance, consulting firms, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, information technology, and biotechnology. Additionally, the book offers numerous interviews with health administrators, from those in entry-level positions to CEOs, to more vividly portray potential careers.
- Presents the only comprehensive guide to all major employment opportunities in health administration
- Written in clear, jargon-free text
- Authored by two senior and highly respected leaders in health administration education
- Includes interviews with many different healthcare administrators at various types of organizations
The Everything Guide To Writing Copy
by Steve Slaunwhite
Packed with tips and tricks used by the pros, this valuable resource teaches you to promote products and services, build brands, and write copy that boosts your company’s bottom line. Features expert strategies for you to:
-Write compelling headlines, tag lines, and leads
-Avoid common copywriting mistakes
-Strengthen brand development
-Start a freelance copywriting business
-Write copy for all media-print, radio, TV, and websites
Whether you’re a professional copywriter or just starting out, The Everything Guide to Writing Copy will inspire you to create innovative, sales-generating advertising and marketing pieces.
The Dancer’s Complete Guide to Healthcare and a Long Career
by Allan J. Ryan, Robert E. Stephens
101 Careers in Public Health
by Beth Seltzer, MD, MPH
- What sort of training do you need to work in public health?
- What kinds of jobs are out there right now?
- And what exactly is an epidemiologist, anyway?
Answering these questions and more, this career guide provides an overview of the numerous options in public health and the many different roads to get there. Whether you’re a student who wants to launch a career or a professional looking to change careers, this guide offers an easy introduction to the field. It details the training, salary ranges, and degree requirements for each job, and alerts readers to alternative pathways beyond the traditional MPH.
101 Careers in Public Health helps you follow your interests, find the right job, and make a difference.
- Includes a detailed guide to educational paths, options, and training requirements at the bachelor’s, master’s, and PhD levels
- Offers guidance on navigating the job market, with information on both traditional and nontraditional pathways-and tips on landing the job you want
- Provides descriptions of careers in disease prevention, environmental health, disaster preparedness, nutrition, education, public safety, and many more
- Includes interviews with public health professionals who offer details of their day-to-day lives on the job
Introduction to Health Care Services: Foundations and Challenges
by Bernard J. Healey, Tina Marie Evans
Introduction to Health Care Services: Foundations and Challenges offers new insights into the most important sectors of the United States’ health care industry and the many challenges the future holds. Designed to provide a comprehensive and up-to-date understanding of the system, this textbook covers the many facets of health care delivery and details the interaction of health, environments, organizations, populations, and the health professions. Written by authors with decades of experience teaching and working in health care administration and management, the book examines the current state and changing face of health care delivery in the United States. Each chapter includes learning objectives and discussion questions that help guide and engage deeper consideration of the issues at hand, providing a comprehensive approach for students. Cases studies demonstrating innovations in the delivery of health care services are also presented.
Health care administration requires a thorough understanding of the multiple systems that define and shape the delivery of health care in the United States. At the same time, it is important for students to gain an appreciation of the dilemma confronting policy makers, providers, and patients in the struggle to balance cost, quality, and access. Introduction to Health Care Services: Foundations and Challenges is an in-depth examination of the major health care issues and policy changes that have had an impact on the U.S. health care delivery system.
- Includes information on U.S. health care delivery, from care to cost, and the forces of change
- Focuses on major industry players, including providers, insurers, and facilities
- Highlights challenges facing health care delivery in the future, including physician shortages, quality care, and the chronic disease epidemic
The U.S. health care system is undergoing major reform, and the effects will ripple across every sector of the industry. Introduction to Health Care Services: Foundations and Challenges gives students a complete introduction to understanding the issues and ramifications.
The Everything Guide to Angels
by Karen Paolino
According to angel expert Karen Paolino, angels are everywhere, and they’re just waiting for a chance to help people. With this guide, you will learn to communicate with the angelic realm for guidance, healing, and protection from harm. Thousands of angels can be called upon to provide solace, watch over children, and create a prosperous life.
In this guide, you will learn how to:
- Develop intuition and open your mind to angelic communication.
- Use meditation to connect with angels.
- Gain protection, healing, and forgiveness from the angels.
- Perform an Angel Card reading.
Karen Paolino, trained by world-famous angel expert Doreen Virtue, traces the history of angels in various cultures and religions. She identifies the hierarchy of angels and their individual roles as messengers and protectors and shares stories of her communications with angels and provides real-life examples of angel miracles. With her help, you will have the confidence to call upon the angels for love, support, and guidance.
by Bethenny Frankel, Eve Adamson
YOUR GUIDE TO HAVING IT ALL WITHOUT GE TTING OVERWHELMED
In Skinnygirl Solutions, New York Times bestselling author Bethenny Frankel offers her best tips on home, health, family, career, style, and, of course, sex. Her no-nonsense advice extends beyond the first adult steps and well into real relationships, established careers, and mommyhood. Skinnygirl Solutions offers many practical tips on how to lead a well-balanced life, including:
• Living Naturally Thin
• Making fresh, healthy food for the table and on the go
• Organizing your kitchen, your closet, and even your bathroom
• Finding great fashion without breaking the bank
• Beauty care essentials
• Creating a home that’s a haven
• Effortless entertaining
• Career planning
• Entrepreneurial advice
The Everything Health Guide to Living with Breast Cancer
by Lucia Giuggio Carvalho, James A. Stewart
- Physical changes that occur with treatment, such as hair loss, early menopause, fatigue, sexuality, and weight in/loss
- Treatment options, including surgery, chemotherapy, clinical trials, radiation, hormonal therapies, and reconstructive surgery
- Support systems, medical insurance coverage, and financial onsiderations
- Complimentary alternative medicine choices, and more
The breast cancer journey is not about doing everything right for the right outcome. This book shows you the importance of living life to the fullest in each stage of breast cancer treatment and to find from within yourself the strength, courage, and spirit to survive it.